We are hoping you will get involved with Hands On Hartford this summer to help stock shelves in our new Community Pantry! As the renovations are getting close to being finished, we want to start filling to shelves with an abundance of food for our clients.
We have designated the last week of each month for easy drop offs of your donations.
The first drop off will be August 27-30 between 9:30 am and 5:00pm. Call to make an appointment. 860- 246-6757.
Great Food Drive Ideas to Stock Shelves at our Community Pantry:
- Get Competitive: Challenge departments in your office, classes in school, or your neighbors to collect the most food during your designated time frame.
- Hold a Drive at a Grocery Store: Get people when they are shopping already to give a canned good or other ‘wish list’ item since they are already there!
- Have a Targeted Drive: Have people focus on a few staples for the pantry; rice, pasta, PB&J to make sure that the supply of the most wanted items can stay stocked!
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Canned mixed fruit
- Canned beans
Facts about our Community Pantry:
- Since the beginning of 2012, we have served 126 first time households at Community Pantry
- In June alone, we served 520 un-duplicated households
- Total food distribution for 2012: 41,602 lbs
- Total food donations for 2012: 5,141 from generous supporters of HOH (Thanks!)