We are excited to announce that our MANNA Community Pantry (formally known as Assistance & Advocacy) is renovating to a full shopping model. This new model will provide more nutritious food options, nutrition education – such as providing recipes and cooking demonstrations, and provide more formalized case management services.
A full shopping model food pantry gives our clients the ability to shop by wandering through assorted aisles, giving them options to best meet their family’s nutritional and cultural needs.
- 1 person at a time
- Partial choice of groceries
- Less nutrition education
- Not enough time for case management services
- Occasional volunteer interaction
- 4 to 5 people at a time
- Full choice of groceries
- More Nutrition education such as recipes and cooking demonstrations
- Ability to help more people with case management services
- More client-volunteer interaction
Imagine not being able to quickly run to the grocery store to pick up items for dinner. Donate the items for this recipe so another family can enjoy this delicious meal!
Campbell’s Kitchen Easy Recipe:
Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 5 servings (about 2 cups each)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Chunky Garden Tomato, Onion & Garlic Italian Sauce
2 small zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
6 cups hot cooked thin spaghetti
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it’s browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sauce and zucchini in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the zucchini is tender. Serve over the spaghetti. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Appetite for Change is our summer and fall initiative to help fund the renovation and to start filling the shelves with more nutritious options for our clients. Be on the look out for ‘Save the Date’ cards for our fundraiser in November!